Contact Corporate Affairs
If you would like to contact us regarding Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR), please contact the Corporate Affairs team:
Tel: +44 (0) 1304 240 400 Ext. 4410
Dover Harbour Board is committed to implementing the following Environmental Policy in order to achieve its vision and mission and deliver a sustainable port operation for the benefit of current and future generations.
The Board and its management recognise that its staff are a key resource and are committed to promoting a positive environmental culture seeking continuous improvement in the environmental performance of the organisation. It also recognises the effect other port employers can have on its operations and the Board actively seeks their co-operation to achieve its aims.
Dover Harbour Board will:
- Demonstrate its commitment to tackling the biggest environmental concern of our time, climate change, by determining its carbon footprint and over time working toward a carbon neutral port.
- Drive to reduce waste disposal and promote waste reduction, reuse and recycling measures by implementing the waste hierarchy.
- Maintain an ISO14001 certified Environmental Management System to identify and control the significant environmental aspects and impacts of its operations and deliver environmental objectives and targets.
- Train staff in environmental issues and the awareness and control of impacts.
- Seek to reduce the pressure it puts on environmental resources by reducing its resource consumption and considering the environment as part of its procurement processes.
- Prevent pollution and maintain a high level of preparedness to cope with any incident in the port liable to cause environmental harm.
- Work with our partners and stakeholders to assist in improving local air quality.
- Imbed the principle of sustainability into the management of its assets and the development of the business.
- Carry out a programme of environmental monitoring that assesses the impacts of port activities, the sensitivity of the environment under the Board’s jurisdiction and the effectiveness of the Environmental Management System.
- Commit as a minimum to comply with all applicable legal requirements and all other requirements to which the Board subscribe which relate to its environmental aspects.
- Imbed an ethic of “compliance plus” by promoting a culture of environmental awareness and corporate social responsibility amongst all staff and port users.
- Adhere to the principles of the European Sea Port Organisation Green Guide.
- Communicate externally about its significant environmental aspects and impacts and performance against targets through an annual Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) report and the Port of Dover website.
Approved by the Board: 22nd March 2016
Download the full: