CONTACT CONSULTANCY:Contact Business Development
To find out more information about the wealth of experience available to you and to discuss how the Port of Dover can assist you in meeting and hopefully exceeding your requirements, please contact Business Development for further information:
Tel: +44 (0) 1304 240 400 EXT 4440
- Marine Safety
- Airport/Port Connectivity
- Port Master Planning
- Safety (Terminal Operations)
- Emergency Planning
- Environmental Management
- Business Dev & Analysis
World Standard Training
Training is crucial to the success of the Port of Dover. We have a track record of developing the skills and industry knowledge of our employees in order to maximise their contribution to the organisation and the achievement of its business objectives.
These are just some of the areas of training where we can help:
- Port Planning and Strategy - establishing a Master Plan following strategic analysis and measuring progress against the plan at key milestones.
- Establishing Health and Safety - (H&S) and Environmental port management plan including KPIs to measure performance against the plan.
- Managing Risk - including business risk as well as H&S and Environmental risk. Emergency response and business continuity planning.
- Communications - including Information and Communication Technology and stakeholder communications.
- Customer Service - identifying customer requirements and delivering a commensurate standard of service.
- Major Civil Engineering - Capital Project development and management.
- Terminal traffic organisation and management - optimal space management, lane allocation, signage and traffic segregation.
- Dangerous Goods Management - identification, approval, segregation.
- Port asset management and maintenance - identification of key operational assets/infrastructure and the establishment of appropriate inspection and maintenance regimes (both civil and mechanical).
- Harbour Operations - Harbour Master competency, port control, mooring/unmooring, pilotage, towage and conservancy.
- Port Emergency Planning - emergency response plans for marine and terminal operations, pollution response planning.
- Security: security zones, traffic screening, access control, both ashore and afloat.
Training standards are delivered to recognised UK and International criteria (e.g. ISM Code, ISPS Code, Port Marine Safety Code, IDG Code). Any specific local standards can also be factored into the training plans.