CONTACT CONSULTANCY:Contact Business Development
To find out more information about the wealth of experience available to you and to discuss how the Port of Dover can assist you in meeting and hopefully exceeding your requirements, please contact Business Development for further information:
Tel: +44 (0) 1304 240 400 EXT 4440
- Marine Safety
- Airport/Port Connectivity
- Port Master Planning
- Safety (Terminal Operations)
- Emergency Planning
- Environmental Management
- Business Dev & Analysis
WORLD RENOWNED emergency planning
To ensure optimal resilience and business continuity, the Port of Dover has developed an industry leading, holistic and systematic approach to emergency planning in order to deal effectively with incidents, whether they are 'sudden impact' or 'rising tide' emergencies.
These are some of the areas where we can help:
- Emergency Planning - a specific plan writing service to set out organisational structures, management and staff roles and responsibilities, communication and operational procedures in responding to an emergency or critical incident.
- Shelter and Evacuation Planning - a template for a systematic approach to identifying locations and buildings which could offer shelter or safe rendezvous points, activation procedures to warn and inform the community, advice and guidance for mobilisation and a system to effectively aid self evacuation.
- Zoning and mapping - a universal and systematic approach to mapping and zoning a site that will deliver a critical reference document for the community in identifying the location of the incident, dispatching responders, establishing cordons or safe working areas and/or informing responders of agreed zones of operation.
- Community Advice - a community-facing document designed to give your tenants advice and guidance on emergency preparedness.
- Assembly Points - a unique and innovative technical solution developed by the Port of Dover that provides a cost effective, resilient and flexible network (wireless telephone and solar powered beacons) of emergency assembly points with equipment for fire and other emergencies.
- Emergency co-ordination and communication – an effective communication strategy for warning, informing and mobilising your community through a variety of mediums and technologies.
- Training and exercising - a well developed system for testing existing emergency plans through either tabletop or live play exercises, reviewing outcomes, validating plans and highlighting areas for improvement.